<

Thursday, August 24, 2006

well, the outfit seemed like a good idea at home...


We've all had those mornings: whatever you put on seems just fine when you're in front of the mirror at home. Then you get to work (or wherever) and wish you had a trenchcoat you could toss on to hide the, um - miscalculation.

Having one of those days today. Was feeling ambitious this morning: black leggings, tunic top, peep-toe heels. Seems alright, although decidedly more "trendy" than my usual getup (I like classic, tailored stuff: pencil skirts, lots of black. It seemed adventurous to me to try the whole "bermuda shorts as office wear" thing, but hey, they were black, went well with heels).

Feel like the tunic thing isn't quite long enough to cover up enough of the thigh (one area I'm particularly insecure about). Yeep. The color is more bold than what I usually wear - thinking it would have been safer to use a black top - bright aqua is, um: hard to hide inside of.

So here I am at work, feeling rather like Heather Playing Dress-Up. Like back-to-school Heather. Feeling obviously like anyone walking past today will think, "Strange! She's trying to dress like a high school kid! What's with the plastic headband?"

Sigh.

The shoes are cute, though.


*hey look! no ellipses!*

12 Comments:

Blogger Z. Madison said...

i had the same experience on tues.

if the shoes are any indication, i'm sure you look great.

ps - actual quote from the boyfriend monday morning: "do you OWN anything other than black?"

5:34 PM  
Blogger minijonb said...

i... miss... the ellipses!!! bring 'em back
=;-)
i'm so glad i'm a guy who can get away with wearing adult Garanimals... don't need to worry to much about how i look when i mix and match.

6:48 PM  
Blogger AnnaBana said...

If it's any consolation, the outfit sounds cute...
I'm just as addicted to ellipses as you are... ... ...

7:10 PM  
Blogger Art Nerd Lauren said...

Have the same shoes! in PATENT LEATHER! Am totally afraid of tripping whilst being energetic and lecturing.

I've had those days, too, but in the most recent instance, I came to realize that I looked like the stereotypical art historian. BAD

9:36 PM  
Blogger Marymuses and The Duchess said...

Hell YEAH the shoes are cute! Keep playing dress-up! It's FUN!

11:19 PM  
Blogger heatheradair said...

Z - I don't go a day without wearing black SOMEhow...must wear black. Always feel good & look good in black.

mjb...they're...back...
gotta face it...can't write without 'em...

hi annabana! thanks, it is SOME consolation (there had to be SOME reason I put it on this morning and decided it was cute enough to wander out the door in...just got to work and felt a little...overexposed! all leg. no jeans to hide behind! yikes!

lauren - yay for sexy shoes (these are some of my favorites; good for all ocassions - go with jeans, skirts, and - apparently - stretch pants and "look at me!" colored tops.

shiz - as it's now the end of the day, I think I can say, "i made it!" and I might actually wear the combo again...think I need to find a black tunic-ee thing.

11:31 PM  
Blogger T. said...

I posted a comment and it's gone. I don't know if it's a blogger beta issue or if I made a faux pas and got deleted, but if it's the latter, my bad.

I gained weight last year, went to work with my "skinny" clothes and didn't realize until I got there and saw myself in the full-length mirror that I looked like I raided my little brother's closet. Too snug attire. Horrible.

And thanks for the limericks, they were awesome.

1:01 AM  
Blogger Lady Apple said...

oh...i have those feelings all the time! but the outfit sounded like it was super cute!!!

12:08 AM  
Blogger mere said...

i have that day at least once a week. and i buy clothes that sit in my closet forever because i'm not ballsy enough to wear them.
i feel ya.

the good news is that you rpocket didn't come off of your jeans exposing your ass to the entire office like mine did last week...

1:08 AM  
Blogger I'm the Girl You Met Last Night said...

adorable shoes!
i am the queen of elipses; so in elipses there is no shame!
thanks for the blog comments... i am a neophyte and and this is about a month late, but thanks for your comment! i really enjoy your writing - and black rules.(as do elipses.)

7:24 AM  
Blogger I'm the Girl You Met Last Night said...

and how embarassing... after all that, I spelled "ellipsis" wrong.

7:27 AM  
Blogger I'm the Girl You Met Last Night said...

and how embarassing... after all that, I spelled "ellipses" wrong.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home