<

Monday, August 28, 2006

hope I look this good at 116 (and a picture of howie mandel)

Read this morning over my daily dose of CNN that the world's oldest person died yesterday in Ecuador.

116!

Maria Esther de Capovilla's secrets for a long life were pretty similar to other centenarians: 3 meals a day, small glass of wine, no smoking, no hard liquor. ALSO (a detail that particularly jumped out at me because I work alongside a Fear-Monger that's terrified of dairy and if I could eat a cheeseburger for every time I've heard Fear-Monger say "Cow's milk is meant for baby cows with 5 stomachs, it was never meant for humans. Don't drink milk" I'd be about 35 pounds thicker) she grew up drinking "fresh milk from donkeys and cows."

Man, to have sat down with her for a few minutes...not much in the average high school history textbook that she hadn't lived through in one form or another. She was in good health until a sudden bout of pneumonia that took her quickly, in two days. According to Fox News, her family was planning for her 117th birthday. For 116, man did she look fantastic (she looked better than most 80 year-olds these days)...admittedly, I don't see a lot of pictures of 116 year-old people to compare her against, so I guess she gets off easy: she's in a class of her own.

ALSO - maybe I'm just REALLY out of the loop, but how long has Howie Mandel looked like this (and did I really just google "howie mandel?" Yes, I just did...hmmmm)


FURTHERMORE: Mark your calendars. Some time in October we'll get to see someone special playing an arrogant teen on CSI. And hey, the special someone didn't have to do a thing. CBS recruited him. That's it: I'm officially quitting my job and beginning what I shall call "HeatherAdair's Quest to Become Famous by Strategic Association." Now taking applications from celebrities interested in being exploited for my own misguided stab at fame.

6 Comments:

Blogger minijonb said...

I hope Howie Mandel looks that good at 116 =;-)

3:57 PM  
Blogger T. said...

Somehow I had a feeling that link would be about K-Fed, the one topic we can't meet eye to eye on!!

You know, I was thinking about it, I'm not sure I;d WANT to live to 116. I mean, years 90 to 116...how great could they be? But who knows, maybe it would be awesome. I shouldn't assume.

7:03 PM  
Blogger heatheradair said...

maybe by the time howie's 116 he'll look like bruce willis? what happened to his signature 'do?

T, i'll never type HIS name again, because it's just givin him undue recognition...sorry man, I just can't agree with you on the subtle genius bit...I think he's a lucky son-of-a-gun....like I said, he coulda been a candy salesman and by virtue of being married to the Brit, his brand woulda taken off. inevitablity, not smarts.

I think I could handle living that long (she seemed pretty healthy up to the pneumonia thing...I betcha she was playing croquet right up to the last few days - !) but I don't think I could handle out-living the family...to have been a widow for 60 years...yikes.

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaclyn Smith was looking pretty good at 61 on the Emmys, but then I always had a thing for JS.

11:55 PM  
Blogger AnnaBana said...

About Howie: You haven't seen the show Deal or No Deal?? Oh, SOOO good, you must check it out, he's the host.

1:08 AM  
Blogger mere said...

Dammit. I thought the "special someone" must be Christina Aguilera until I read the "him" part. Did you catch the Rolling Stone spread?

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home