<

Friday, June 23, 2006

a very scientific movie-selection criteria.


I have a secret:

I love BAD. MOVIES. If it's tepid, uninspired, otherwise poorly produced and stars lackluster actors reciting cardboard dialogue, I'll probably go see it once or twice in the theater and most definitely snatch the thing up on dvd. Bottom line: I'll love it if it completely blows.

I got a text message from my sister yesterday that got me ridiculously excited for "The Lake House."

Sis: Oh, meant to tell ya - j and i went and saw the lake house. it was everything we dreamed it would be. awful dialogue, bad plot, twas perfection.

Me: And were they completely chemistry-free, like brother & sister???????

Sis: Yes! It was awkward to watch and their letter-reading voice overs were read totally flat. no voice inflection of any kind. keanu cried. it rocked.

Decision made: this will be my summer favorite. My sister and I are fans of anything starring Paul Walker or Kevin Bacon or Freddie Prinze Jr and get particularly excited when pop stars flex their acting chops...the movie gets bonus points if we have to cover our faces out of sheer embarassment for the actors:

"From Justin to Kelly" anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home