<

Friday, May 19, 2006

"i know you by the tone of your clip-clop"

MrCompanyOwner loves wood. Loves old wood, new wood, dark wood, light wood, heavy wood, porous wood, expensive wood, very expensive wood, wood of any sort. For awhile, we had an entire slab of birch tree in the kitchen where a more formica-inclined office would have had a mere...table.

So it comes as no surprise that the floors in the office are made of wood (apparently very soft wood because I've found about half a dozen spots where my heel will sink into a stealthy hollow-spot if I'm particularly engaged in anything OTHER than watching carefully where I step and I end up doing a terrible...no, make that wonderful, attractive, graceful FLAILING maneuver to keep from ending up non-upright). They're very noisy wood floors. Sound hollow underneath. Cause VERY loud "clip-clop" noise for anyone walking on them.

After a few years of listening to people "clip-clop" toward my office, I'm able to recognize who's coming as soon as they start down the hallway. And it spooks people.

"Hi Jim."

"Whoa...how did you know it was me, your back was turned?"

"How did I know it was you? mwuahahahahaha."

I could probably use this to my advantage...develop a VERY mysterious reputation. Start telling them cryptic things like, "You have a vague, orange energy that's very distinct," or "Your presence is very disquieting to me, I can feel you from some distance."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home